The game is available here: https://cocorico-studio.itch.io/project-sr-3076 . It is very easy to try it, a ZIP folder or an installer are available.
Project-SR3076 is a very cool arcade game, inspired by the best of the 80’s. Get ready for synthwave vibes and Tron-like neons, and try to make it to the top of highscores !
In a procedurally-generated environment, you will have to master car controls, as obstacles will be more and more difficult to avoid.
This game was made by a team of 8 students in 2 months, at Concordia University (Montréal, Canada). We had to build a video game from scratch and present it to the class.
I was involved in the following:
- Project management:
- Ensuring that meetings took place on a regular basis.
- Distributing tasks among group members.
- We used Github, Trello and Google Drive.
- Brainstorming, Game/Level designing…
- Art Direction
- Car modelling (the car is the central piece of the game), using Blender.
- Lighting (We wanted to give the game a Synthwave/Tron feeling).
- Music, ensuring that it was royalty-free and adjusting it via Audacity.
- Sound effects, using FL Studio.
- VFX, using shaders.
- Support on various tasks
- Car behaviour scripts.
- Game Controller script.
- Bug fixes.
- Project presentations
- Redaction of the Game Document Design (GDD).
- Preparation of presentation slides (Powerpoint).
- Upload of the game on itch.io and website management.
It was a really cool project. I had the opportunity to discover the great number of roles and tasks needed to create a video game. The project was built using Unity 2018.