Group project - Concordia University
Sept. 2018 to Nov. 2018
Project-SR3076 is a very cool arcade game, inspired by the best of the 80’s. Get ready for synthwave vibes and Tron-like neons, and try to make it to the top of highscores !
In a procedurally-generated environment, you will have to master car controls, as obstacles will be more and more difficult to avoid.
This game was made by a team of 8 students in 2 months, at Concordia University (Montréal, Canada). We had to build a video game from scratch and present it to the class.
I was involved in the following:
- Project management:
- Ensuring that meetings took place on a regular basis.
- Distributing tasks among group members.
- We used Github, Trello and Google Drive.
- Game & Level design
- Art Direction:
- Car modelling (the car is the central piece of the game), using Blender.
- Lighting (We wanted to give a Synthwave/Tron feeling to the game).
- Music, ensuring that it was royalty-free and adjusting it via Audacity.
- Sound effects, using FL Studio.
- VFX, using shaders.
- Gameplay Programming:
- Car behaviour scripts.
- Game Controller script.
- Bug fixes.
- Project presentation:
- Game Design Document (GDD).
- Preparation of presentation slides (Powerpoint).
- Upload of the game on itch.io and website management.
It was a really cool project. I had the opportunity to discover the great number of roles and tasks needed to create a video game. The project was built using Unity 2018.